The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is committed to enabling an effective information, standards and safeguards regime for communications products and services in Australia .
Technical standards for customer equipment, cabling and specified devices aim to:
- protect personal health and safety
- facilitate access to emergency services
- protect the integrity of public networks
- enable interoperability of voice telephony services
- contain interference to and from a range of radiocommunications and non-radiocommunications devices.
Details on equipment requirements, including electromagnetic compatibility , labelling requirements and equipment types are available on this site.
More specific information is grouped as follows:
- Information on analog planning, digital radio and television, and channels.
- Technical planning guidelines and licence area plans.
- Details on numbering, including numbering applications and areas.
- Cabling requirements and technical safety standards.
- Information frequency assignment and coordination, band plans and radiofrequency planning.
- Reference papers.