Alert: Changes to ACMA labelling arrangements from 1 March 2013.
New single compliance mark – RCM. Further information is available.
The ACMA is responsible for regulating telecommunications customer equipment standards and labelling.
Self-regulatory arrangements with industry aim to ensure that items meet minimum mandatory technical standards and are properly labelled before being connected to a telecommunications network.
These standards aim to:
- protect the personal health and safety of users and operators
- ensure access to emergency services
- protect the integrity of public networks
- enable interoperability of services
- contain interference to and from devices.