Operating a WLAN?
If you are, you may need a carrier licence.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has produced an information package to answer all your questions on wireless local area networks including licence requirements, any new developments you should be aware of and security risks.
The individual components of the information package are available by using the following hot links:
- Frequently asked questions
- Radiofrequency planning developments for wireless LANs
- Determination under subsection 51(1) (No.1 of 2002)
- WLANs - licensing requirements
- WLANs and exempt non-commercial networks
- Short-range spread spectrum devices
- Wireless LANs - design and security
- Wireless LANs - what and how