The ACMA is developing a new online system to improve the annual submission process for broadcasting licence fee returns. The new system is part of the ACMA’s response to broadcaster feedback and is being developed to address issues raised each year during the return process.
The system will be accessible by a secure portal on the ACMA website and will:
- Reduce the need for data entry and remove duplication with pre-populated fields
- Guide your progress through submission of a return
- Validate information entered as you progress through the return and reduce rework
- Show previous year return data
- Provide online help to assist you in submitting your return
Benefits of the new system will include:
- A more streamlined process, including downloadable information for broadcasters and auditors
- Online assistance to assist you in identifying error and addressing incomplete returns to reduce or avoid penalties and over and underpayment of licence fees
- Improved communications with the ACMA
- More efficient processing of returns by the ACMA
User testing of the system is planned to occur from late May 2012. During the testing phase a sample of broadcasters will be given access to their account within the test environment and asked for their feedback on usability and functionality of the system.
If you would like more information on the new online reporting system please contact the project team within Revenue Assurance section on (02) 6219 5355 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.