General security – further information and resources
There is a wide range of information on computer security available online. Visit the following sites for more detail:
- The Internet Industry Association security website has a broad range of information and resources covering threats and solutions.
- Stay Smart Online is the Australian Government’s cyber security website providing information for Australian internet users on the simple steps they can take to protect their personal and financial information online. The website offers:
- A free security alert service
- Factsheets on key online security issues
- A self-assessment tool for small and medium sized businesses
- Links to other useful sites
- The SANS Top 20 Internet Security Vulnerabilities features the top ten vulnerabilities for or Microsoft and UNIX systems, is regularly updated. The SANS website also includes sample security policies, ranging from anti-virus processes to virtual private network access.
- Microsoft’s Baseline Security Analyser software scans your Microsoft Windows systems and recommends changes to settings to improve security.
- The Microsoft e-Security guide for small business has practical information, handy tips and do-it-yourself security information
- Information on the following aspects of web server security is available online at: