The following publications have been prepared from the ACMA records and contain information on licensed broadcasting transmitters at time of publication.
The Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Book
The Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Book lists all licensed broadcasting transmitters operating in the broadcasting services bands. The publication provides information on individual transmitters and is ordered by station callsign, channel/frequency and by area served. Readers should note that while the entry of a transmitter indicates the existence of a transmitter (apparatus) licence for the service, it does not guarantee that the particular service is operating.
The Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Book is published in PDF format and is updated quarterly. The current edition, dated April 2013, can be viewed/downloaded in its entirety or by individual section.
Download full copy
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Book (Internet Edition, April 2013) (2.6mB)
Download sections individually
- MF AM Radio in Callsign Order (42kB)
- VHF FM Radio in Callsign Order (166kB)
- MF AM Radio in Frequency Order (42kB)
- VHF FM Radio in Frequency Order (179kB)
- MF/VHF Radio by Area Served (162kB)
- Digital Radio by Area Served (26kB)
- Television in Callsign Order (681kB)
- Television in Channel Order (747kB)
- Television by Area Served (541kB)
- General Information (40kB)
Broadcast Transmitter Data
The Broadcast Transmitter Data presents licensed transmitter data in a variety of electronic formats, and contains additional technical data that is not practical to present in the Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Book.
The Broadcast Transmitter Data 1 is produced monthly and is available for download in Microsoft Excel 2003, Access 2003 2 and Google Earth KMZ formats.
The current edition of the Broadcast Transmitter Data, dated 01 May 2013, is available below:
- Broadcast Transmitter Data (Excel version) (715kB - zipped files)
- Broadcast Transmitter Data (Access version) (2.6mB - zipped files)
- Broadcast Transmitter Data for Google Earth:
- New editions of the Broadcast Transmitter Data are produced during the first week of each month.
- The Access and Excel versions of the Broadcast Transmitter Data are compressed using the zip format to reduce download size.
The Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Book and all editions of the Broadcast Transmitter Data are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia Licence. If you use this material there are certain obligations you must fulfil. Details of these can be found in Attributing ACMA material released under the Creative Commons Licence framework.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these records, the ACMA can not guarantee them to be free from errors. Users should note that while entry of a broadcasting service in this publication indicates the existence of a transmitter (apparatus) license for the service, it does not guarantee that the particular service is operating, or is operating in accordance with the ACMA records.
The ACMA welcomes advice regarding any misdescriptions that may appear in this data, and any suggestions regarding the formatting (or additional fields) that may improve the data.