The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) licences Australia’s telecommunications carriers and regulates fixed line and mobile telecommunications. The ACMA’s responsibilities include:
- supporting the development of codes of practice for the industry and monitoring compliance
- monitoring the performance of carriage service providers
- setting and enforcing industry and technical standards, and monitoring industry performance
- advising consumers on their rights and safeguards
- managing the delivery of services to people with a communication impairment.
Telecommunication news All latest news...
ACMA issues formal warning to AAPT (24 Apr)
Telco and media reforms continue (10 Apr)